TO-DO LISTS:
MY PERSONAL
EXPERIENCES WITH TO-DO LISTS:
To-do lists. Most of us use them, but how effective
are they really?
It seems as if I spend half of my homework time on
planning what to do next. Whether I am using the notes app, writing it in my
notebook during math class, or using a stick note in my room, I can’t stop
myself from constructing to-do lists. It makes me feel productive that I am writing
all this stuff down and being organized when in reality, I am simply wasting my
time. Usually when I miss a “deadline” I made for myself, I push everything
back and waste more time, especially with the example below.
Here
is one I wrote for today:
monday:
chem 8-905
study thermo I
appt at 930
study thermo II
appt at 1030
study thermo III
lunch
tophat until 1
study more for chem recit.
calc 135-240
recit 250-355
writing 435-540
writing hwk
study
for chem***
I chose to
alternate regular and bold font to separate each thought—maybe even to make it
seem like less work. Normally I use the format above to plan out my week, but lately
I have tried using a technique one of my friends uses. This technique is
creating a to-do list like a grocery list.
With this
method, I feel that I will be more productive. With no deadlines like the other
list, there is no set time that a certain job needs to be done. The only
expectation is that everything gets done in that day, so that the rest of the
week can go smoothly. The only issue with this method is the lack of
discipline. Without any deadlines, there is a lot of pressure placed on myself
to manage my time wisely enough to get everything done. Sometimes I even add
times to this list to make sure I can actually finish all of these with my
schedule for the day.
Comments
Post a Comment